We’re having a party! Come celebrate the summer season on Foster. Join us for sidewalk sales, vendors & pop-up shops, live music in Laurelwood Park, and other business promotions.
Soak in the summer vibes on Foster and support local businesses.
What: Foster Summer Soiree
When: Saturday, June 24, 12-6pm
Where: Various businesses & sidewalk spaces along Foster Road between SE 50th – 72nd; special activation in Laurelwood Park (6421 SE Foster)
Featured activities and promotions (check back often as the list grows):
- Variety Records (4932 SE Foster): huge sidewalk sale; records and more!
- Asterix Eyewear (4936 SE Foster): sidewalk sale, clearance sale, discounted frames 20-50% off
- I’ve Been Framed (4950 SE Foster): huge sidewalk sale; art, art supplies, etc.
- Carts on Foster (5205 SE Foster): live music, time TBD
- Favela Brazilian Cafe (5300 SE Foster): Brazilian market & music w/Brazilian drumming at 2pm
- Tigerstyle Combat Sports (5308 SE Foster): open mat
- Ivan’s Cut & Styles (5324 SE Foster): merch for sale & sidewalk barbecue
- Thunderbird Bar (5339 SE Foster): DJ Big Booty Judy performing, 4-7pm
- An Xuyen (5345 SE Foster): free guava cookie *OR* chocolate short bread for all customers; $10 special combo => Banh Mi with either iced coffee, iced green tea matcha, or Thai tea
- Yoonique Tea (5348 SE Foster): 1 free drink topping for Foster-area residents
- Classical Ballet Academy (5444 SE Foster): pop-up tent with info and gifts
- Proletariat Butchery (5820 SE Foster): free grilled sausage samples and beer for purchase, 1-6pm
- Portland Axe Throwing (5901 SE Foster): mobile axe throwing trailer in front of their new SE location (expected to open in November); free axe throwing for ages 9+
- Street Disco (4144 SE 60th Ave): opening (early) at noon; block party w/street closure, DJ, and grilling. Cocktails/drinks inside
- FoPo Tavern & Laurel Kitchen (5902 SE Foster): early opening w/brunch & cocktail menu; ceramics & art prints for sale on sidewalk; live music w/DJ Pscycho Tropika; sidewalk cornhole
- Polished in Portland (6004 SE Foster): sidewalk vendors
- Heidi West Designs (6006 SE Foster): retail shop open; sidewalk vendors
- Melodream Salon (6008 SE Foster): sidewalk vendors: tarot reading, ceramics, hand-dyed clothing, 10% off all hair product
- Foster Foosball (6010 SE Foster): sidewalk foosball; free games (cornhole, disc golf, darts) in “The Backyard“
- YMCA (6036 SE Foster): Open house and kids’ activities in parking lot along Foster–clay art, face-painting, water games, and sidewalk chalk.
- Higher Self (6315 SE Holgate): pop-up vendors and special sales
- Larkspur Portland (6317 SE Holgate): Free Freezer-Pops while supplies last; vendor pop-ups from Ridgefield Lavender Farm, Bus20 Ceramics, and maybe more. Free nature/plant-based craft activity from 2-4pm
- Laurelwood Park (6315 SE Foster): live music, kids entertainment, vendors, info booths
– Bookmobile Babe: free books and art/literacy activities, 12-6pm
– Uniko Fotobus: free photo booth, 12-6pm
– Blue Lotus Henna: free henna tattoos, 12-6pm
– Mick Forstag: live music, 12-1pm
– Jordan Taylor Roach: live music, 1-2pm
– Olive & Dingo: balloon making and performance, 2-4pm
– Old For Now: live music 3-6pm
– 20+ vendors and info booths, 12-6pm
- Kitchen Culture (6300 SE Foster): free drawing for $100 gift card
- Spectrum Art Market (between 6300 – 6350 SE Foster): LGBTQ2SIA+ pop-up market featuring artists from the Portland-Metro area
- Dye Dye My Darling Salon (6340 SE Foster): “Love Bundle” product pacakage 15% off; tees & hoodies for sale.
- Unlimited IPA (6350 SE Foster): DJ Saucy performing, time TBD; more to come
- Hammer & Jacks (6406 SE Foster): kids’ maker market w/9 kid vendors; open art & play sessions
- Wild Mountain Wax (6416 SE Foster): Sip & Shop from 10a-6p; complimentary sangria for adults & lemonade for kids; free macarons; 20% off hand-crafted candles; free 8 oz candle tin w/purchase of $100+; chance to win a $100 gift basket!
- Rose and Dagger Tattoo (6418 SE Foster): Flash day $100 – $200 tattoo sales, art prints for sale in shop
- Henry Higgins Boiled Bagels (6420 SE Foster): $5 special (ham, jam & cream cheese sandwich); crystal & gemstone vendor outside (until 3pm)
- Bar Carlo (6433 SE Foster): brunch, booze, and more
- Meet Your Maker Market: 25+ vendors between SE 65th – 68th
- Atlas Pizza (6529 SE Foster): opening (early) at 12pm
- 5 & Dime (6535 SE Foster): outdoor hot dog grillin’ & special Summer Soiree menu; special cocktail menu sponsored by Batanga Tequila, Big Gin & Timberline Vodka; music provided by DJs Backyard Mango, LAFLOR, Life Couch, and Dani Avalon (12-6pm)
- Foster Outdoor (6615 SE Foster): food tasting of various brands of backpacking food, including but not limited to RightOnTrek out of Bozeman Montana and Fernweh Foods out of Portland Oregon
- Pizzeria Otto (7122 SE Foster): happy hour deal ($8 whole Margherita pizza) all day for walk-up customers; chalk station for kids’ sidewalk art.
- Red Castle Games (7160 SE Foster): snow cones w/syrup or energy drink option; free role-playing games
- Portland Mercado (7238 SE Foster):
– Barrio: live music (w/Outliers, 1-2:30pm), pop-up shop (w/Katie Mudd Ceramics, 12-6pm), wine-tasting (w/Quailhurst & Emma 2-6pm), and $1 off sangria & micheladas
– Mercado: Portugal. The Man merch pop-up, 3-6pm
If you are a home-based business, artist, or community organization in the Foster-area, we’re giving preference for vendor space in Laurelwood Park. Request form for vendors can be found: here.