2020 has been a challenge- that’s an understatement. Your FABA board has been working hard to help the business community.
Some of our achievements in 2020:
- Suspended membership dues to help our businesses stay involved
- Held online mixers to keep members connected
- Bought over $2000 in gift cards and goods from members for the Takeout Tour
- Secured $6000 in grants from Venture Portland to help businesses winterize
- Hosted two events to promote the district and increase revenue at local businesses (Takeout Tour and Fostoberfest)
- Increased membership by 22%
- Grew online social media presence by 43%
- Added two new board members from area businesses
- Hosted a visit from the mayor’s office and Prosper Portland to meet members and hear their concerns
- Collaborated with the Foster Powell Neighborhood Association and Mt. Scott Arleta Neighborhood Association to start a grant fund ($4,500, including $1,500 from FABA) to help burglarized businesses
Looking to 2021
As we enter our 2021 membership drive, we understand that many small businesses are still struggling. That’s why we’ve decided to make membership dues optional for the year. Annual membership is:
- $50 for a home based or nonprofit business
- $100 for a brick and mortar business
- $300 for a collective (cart pod)
- There are also options to sponsor our events
Your dues pay for FABA’s membership to Venture Portland (where we get our grant funding), pay fees and services we need to operate legally, as well as pay toward our events and programming. Every member gets the same benefits of membership, regardless of how much you pay; the only difference is in promotion as an event sponsor.
Please join or renew your membership today at fosterarea.com/join and help us continue our work to make Foster a great place to shop, dine, drink, and live!