FOSTER AREA BUSINESS ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
Member Networking and Education
Connect with colleagues and customers. Learn new strategies to build your bottom line from business experts.
- NEW | Business Happy Hour with Educational Speakers
- Trainings (10 per year, business best practices and tools for district leaders; lunch provided)
- Member Meeting (monthly with quarterly educational speaker)
- Quarterly Networking Mixers
- Annual Meeting and District Celebration
- Freelancers Happy Hour (monthly)
Seasonal events that bring customers directly to your business and provide valuable sponsorship and advertising opportunities.
- Tree Lighting ( December, 300 attendees in 2016)
- Spirit of Foster Tasting Tour (July, generated more than $1,800 in 2016)
Advertising, Marketing and Promotion Plus Online Media
Stretch your marketing budget with Foster Area Business Association advertising, earned media and targeted PR. Feature your products, special events or sales via our new website, social media and email list which highlight businesses and important Foster Road information.
- NEW | Website: 5,000 clicks in the first 6 months (style update coming in 2017)
- NEW | Quarterly newsletter
- NEW | Free digital headshots for members (taken at the first/third networking events every year)
- NEW | District Map: 2,500 distribution
- Social media (138% increase in Facebook likes)
Leverage Foster Area Business Association relationships with elected officials, including Commissioner Nick Fish, City Council Business District Liaison, and City Bureaus. Understand the impact of increasing City investment in East Portland, planning, construction, public safety and transportation on your business. Elevate the status of your business with opinion leaders.
- The Foster Area Business Association has been very involved with PBOT insuring that the Foster Streetscape will benefit all the businesses on the street and mitigate the impact of construction
Representation on Board of Directors
Shape the future of Foster Area Business Association. Members are eligible to join the Board or committees and help make important decisions about Foster Area Business Association events, promotions and advocacy efforts.
Foster Area Business Association is a member.
- YEAR 2 | East Portland Pilot Project provides $100,000 for 6 districts for grants and staffing, including Foster Area Business Association.
- Eligibility to apply for up to $15,000 in annual grants for district projects and events (Venture Portland Awarded $116,250 in grants last year, including $16,500 to FABA).
- City-wide marketing campaigns highlight neighborhood businesses and districts (Pledge to Shop Local, Little Boxes, Summer Local).
- Representation with City Leaders – Venture Portland elevates the status of neighborhood business districts and businesses with elected officials.